Thursday, August 6, 2009

If a Retiree falls in the forrest, does it make a sound?

Day 5, R-day minus 41. When a tree falls in the forrest does it make a sound? When an about-to-be-retired blogger writes a blog, does anyone read it? Apparently not! So far no comments. How do I get people to read my blogs? Make them more interesting.

I'm going to the movies tomorrow to see Julie and Julia. The idea of a daily blog seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I have to come up with interesting things to write about. Although I am not yet retired (41 days to go), I'm taking the day off tomorrow to go to the movies. I'm reading Julie and Julia, but I want to be one of the first to see it, so tomorrow at 12:15, I'll be there. Hope all the hype is true. The trailers look good. And I've always been a fan of Julia. I remember watching her in the late sixties. And I have Volume II autographed to me with a "Bon appetite!" I loved her early shows, but watched her all the way through the 90s when she was stuped over and very old.

I have made some of her recipes, and, yes, the beouf bourguignon which is delicious. Haven't made it for some time, however. Maybe the movie will inspire me to emulate Julia again instead of Sandra Lee and "almost homemade."

I am admittedly addicted to the Food Channel. Julia appeared once that I know of when she was on Emeril Live. I'm not sure she appeared anywhere else. She did a series with Jacques Pepin that was fun.

Not sure what my favorite Food Channel show is these days, but Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is probably up there. I always get hungry when I watch that. I also like the competition shows like Chopped. I guess I have to confess to being a foodie.

One of the things I think I might do when I am finally, really, retired is become a personal cook (not chef) because I do enjoy cooking and serving food. One of the ideas I had long ago when I worked with a bunch of young singles, was to host a supper club of sorts. I'd service wine and cheese and cook one or twice a week for a group who wanted home cooked meals instead of eating in restaurants. That never got off the ground, but it seemed and interesting concept at the time and a group of my friends said they'd like it.

So, another blog done. But, where are the readers? Are you out there? Let me hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment