Thursday, August 13, 2009

RetiredGal Recrudescing with 34 days left

I suppose you're all wondering were I was yesterday. I "forgot" to blog. I guess you could call it a senior moment. So I missed day 35 and here it is 34 days left until retirement. Can a return after a one day dormancy be called "recrudescing?"

Anyway, still no comments and it seems that it is hard to access this blog. I need a computer geek to let me know how to make it easier for people to link here. So, maybe it will turn into a journal instead of a blog. I can always get here, but it seems no one else can.

A lot of cleanup still to do before I leave. There's this big meeting coming up just two days before retirement that I seem to be in charge of. It was planned last year, but even then I knew it would be just before my retirement. There's a lot of work to do and I am exhausted just thinking about it.

Some minor medical issues mean a few days off for this thing or the other (and that is something because I had upteen sick days accrued over the years of my tenure). I have always been healthy and even on those days I wake up feeling like I would like to turn over and go back to sleep, I still get up and go to work. I've never taken a "mental health" day. Nope, just keep on truckin'. Now I have these minor "issues" which I have to take care of and that can't wait until R-day or after. I wish they could. My life would be a lot easier. But I have to schedule them and so I shall. This is the time I wish I had a "wife."

All you working women out there know what I mean. Wives are the 8th wonder of the world. Why is it only wives (and mothers) know how to do practically anything or at least how to find the right people to do that one something they cannot? Not rhetorical--I'd like an answer, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment